The days have gotten shorter and school is back in session. Virtual learning presents new challenges for both students and their parents. Here are 6 things that you can do to make the transition easier.
Class is Back in Session!
The first week of September signals the end of summer is near and school is back in session. Virtual learning brings forth a new set of challenges that parents and students are bound to come across. As students return back to school and parents prepare a new routine it’s helpful to set a schedule. Setting a schedule let’s everyone know what to expect, when to expect it and how it will be accomplished. Below are my 6 tips that students and their parents can do create positive habits and quality bonding time.
1) Go to bed. Take school night seriously. That means going to bed early and get enough sleep. Get ready for bed as you would normally. Don’t forget to pick out your outfit for the next day and take a warm bath if needed. It helps to relax your body and mind for a restful sleep.
2) Set an alarm to help you wake up. A steady wake up time helps you get the day started. If you are a shower person now is the perfect time to use your favorite mentholated shower steamer to help you get ready. The aroma will fill your space as you get ready for a day.
3) Eat breakfast. It’s easy enough to forget when you’re in a hurry. So give yourself enough time in the morning to have a nice breakfast and spend time together. Parents, this is the perfect time to hide a loving note in their lunchbox.
4) Walk together to class. Even if your child can walk to class on their own, for the first few sessions they might need you to hold their hand. New experiences might cause fear and knowing that a grown up is close by is comforting.
5) Pick them up from class if possible and take a walk in the neighborhood. Virtual learning might mean that your child is sitting in front of a screen for longer than usual. This way you can both get some exercise while bonding.
6) Celebrate the weekend. Give them something to look forward to. Get creative with your weekend activities. Be safe and have fun doing it. Above all create a routine for the most positive results and stick with it. You got this!